God calls us to live lives of joy, but sometimes we feel mad, sad, or scared. Managing Your Emojis, a 100-day devotional, teaches kids that God loves them no matter what they’re feeling, and Scripture can empower them to manage their emotions.
Learning to manage our emotions is a critical life skill, yet we’ve often missed equipping kids with these valuable skills before situations intensify into mental health issues. Managing Your Emojis will help kids discover that emotional control and happiness come from God’s love for them. Through short, accessible devotions kids will be encouraged to observe, name, and release their emotions while turning to God for the strength, love, and care they need as they begin the fast-moving process of growing up.
Managing Your Emojis, for boys and girls ages 8–12:
- Teaches kids they can accept and manage their God-given emotions.
- Refers to specific Scriptures that speak to our emotions and help children realize God accepts all their emotions.
- Creates freedom in families to discuss emotions and know they are part of God’s design.
- Includes stories that present a problem, a Scripture that provides a solution, a practical application, and a closing prayer.
- Is written by bestselling author Lynn Cowell and licensed professional counselor Michelle Nietert.
Managing Your Emojis will empower your child to find acceptance and approval from God as they come to know that God made them just as they are; intense emotions and all.